Why Should You Choose AvoDerm Dog Food For Your Dog?
Many people love avocados. Would it surprise you to know that dogs enjoy this super fruit too? Many do! While they cannot eat the entire avocado, there is a safe way for them to consume it, which resulted in the creation of a line of dog food that includes avocados: AvoDerm.
The AvoDerm Story
AvoDerm Dog Food was created in 1982 by Breeder's Choice Pet Food. A Breeder's Choice representative happened to meet a farmer who had extra avocados for sale. This opportunity to purchase avocados made them consider including these healthy and delicious fruits in dog food. After careful research, the AvoDerm formula was released to pet parents. The rest is history full of happy and healthy dogs.
Avocados provide many health benefits to dogs, such as:
- Skin and Coat health. Avocados are a good source of omega fatty acids, which contribute to skin and coat health. They also contain eighteen amino acids, making them a source of protein, which also contributes to the health of dog's coats. Many owners who feed AvoDerm notice a difference in their dog's coats.
- Antioxidants. Avocados are packed with antioxidants; they contain approximately twenty vitamins and minerals, which is ideal for keeping dogs healthy.
Ingredients of AvoDerm Dog Food
AvoDerm values the health of the dogs who eat their food and this shows in the ingredients that they carefully selected.
Dog food labels must list ingredients by weight from the greatest weight to the least weight. For example, the AvoDerm Chicken and Brown Rice Recipe for Adult Dogs includes the following real ingredients, not ingredients that you have never heard of:
"Chicken Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground White Rice, Oatmeal, Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols), Rice Bran, Avocado, Dried Tomato Pomace, Flax Seed (Source of Omega 3), Natural Flavor, Alfalfa Meal, Herring Meal…"
What Type of Food Does AvoDerm Make?
AvoDerm Dog Food is available in wet or dry formulas for all ages; puppy, adult, and senior, as well as several all life stage formulas.
They also make special formulas of their dog food catering to small breeds and large breeds, or unique dietary requirements such as grain-free, limited ingredient, weight control, and joint health.
Why Feed Your Dog With AvoDerm?
When there are really healthy ingredients in your dog's food, you can see and feel the difference in their health. When your dog eats AvoDerm, you may notice:
- Your dog may have fewer and smaller bowel movements, as well as less digestive upset, than when they eat food containing corn and by-products.
- Your dog may feel better eating healthier food, resulting in a healthy energy level.
- Your dog's coat may become more soft and shiny as a result of the avocados and healthy ingredients.
Discuss AvoDerm with your dog's veterinarian to see if they would recommend this food for your dog.